Monday, August 8, 2011

Here lately...

If you were looking for something remotely interesting to read, this may not be the post for you--not too much exciting stuff going on this way lately...well I take that back---

So last week I got to see Maroon 5/Train/Gavin Degraw (FOR FREE!!) in concert with great company (thanks for the girl's night Jasmine!), a ridiculously expensive beer ($11--have they lost their freaking minds?!?), and one heck of a rain storm. Unfortunately we had lawn seats; fortunately I brought a  pretty big blanket that doubled as our storm shelter :) We got soaked, but it was so worth it to see Adam Levine. Hey, he's not Ryan Reynolds but you can't say this guy ain't pretty good looking ;)



As of Friday I no longer have a babysitting job. They are moving 45 min away and it is just not reasonable to drive all that way when they now live closer to work. This is both good and bad.
It is bad because a) no more extra $ b)who is going to hire me to babysit for two and a half months till we move?? Not expecting many prospects.
It is good because a) no more getting up at 5:30 am and waiting around just for them to text me at 6:30 to cancel...this has happened at least a dozen times, causing me to have to reschedule and cancel my own plans. b) I can have a life again! Not that I ever leave the house anyway, but at least now I'm not waiting for a child to be picked up by a mother who has no concept of time (she has been known to leave her child 6+ hours later than scheduled pick up time) and finally c) more time for my little man!!

After being inspired by a friend's similar book (thanks Jess) I am beginning to compile all of my recipes and household stuff so that I will have a nice, shiny, informative collection of information to pass down one day. I can already tell it's going to take me awhile but it will be SO much easier when it's all in one place. I just love organization projects, don't you?! (too bad I don't finish them half the time)



On a bittersweet note, I was so touched that a family member came to me for advice about something very near and dear to both our hearts. My heart breaks for what she is having to take on and I wish I could do more to help her. As much as I hate what she is facing, it feels nice to be needed once in awhile and I hope that she will let me support and stick with her through the whole process.

Now back to something happy--
Mason is sitting up so well! He can be wobbly at times but I am so proud of him! He is also scooting and rolling all over the place...even trying to scoot under his crib!! (fully supervised, of course!)

...on another good note, I am happy to announce the birth of my 2nd cousins: Lauren, Marilyn, Ryan and John Quadruplets!! They were all delivered safely and in good health on Friday. Follow Allison's blog to hear about their amazing journey---The Flynn Quads

I am also getting more fans for my business FB page (thanks to all!!) and have been making some new stuff  lately. Also talked the hubs into letting me start a new venture this winter that I think will do much better that hairbows and crafts. I guess we'll see, all I can do is take a leap of faith and hope for the best.



I suppose I better take advantage of naptime and do some dishes...sigh. While washing said dishes I will daydream about the day I have a dishwasher that does not entail my two hands. Oh, and can't forget the daunting task of "what's for dinner??" that's never fun when it's time to go to the grocery store again.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday, and great rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment